Have Your Child’s Feet Checked
At South West Podiatry we think Childrens Feet are very important, untreated problems with your feet as a child can cause serve pain, deformities and gait abnormalities in adulthood and can lead to lifelong problems in your back, hips, knees and feet.
If your are concerned with your childs feet book in for our FREE 10 minute FOOT SCREENING.
Call the clinic on 0246208877 – Appointments are essential.
Childhood is an important time for the development of our feet.
Often children do not complain about foot pain or problems walking.
So it is up to adults to look out for some common signs:
- Flat feet
- “Rolling in”
- Walking on toes or bouncy walking
- “Knock Knees” or “bow legs”
- Tripping, slapping and poor co-ordination
- “Pigeon Toes”
- One foot works differently to the other
- Night pains and tired legs
- Plantar warts
- Footwear concerns like blisters or uneven wear patterns
- Foot complications at birth e.g. club foot
- Family history of foot problems
Appointments are essential